Sunday, June 11, 2006

Summer Events

Today is Sunday and I am feeling a bit like a single mother. Paul works from 1:00p.m until 11:00p.m. It has only been hard these last couple of weeks. The kids are out of school and I am back to being with the little gems all day. Don't get me wrong, I love having them home. I just wish Paul was home a bit more. Tricia has been a big help, she takes them to the pool almost every day. She is working on her tan and the kids are loving the pool. We bought a summer pool pass so they can go every day if they want. The kids are busy. Tricia is babysitting for people in our ward. She is saving almost all of her money for college next year. My mom and Dad are matching what she earns and Paul and I are also. She has a good nest egg going for college. I can't believe she will only be home for one more year. She has grown up so fast. I have enjoyed the special bond that we have. Taylor just ordered his tuxedo for Madrigal Choir next year. He is a tenor. He is getting so tall. He teases me on a daily basis because he towers over me. He is such a good kid! He makes me laugh so hard. He has such a charming personality. Alex leaves for Camp Coca Cola tomorrow. He will be gone for an entire month. The camp is ran by Coca Cola corperation. I am a bit freaked out that he will be gone so long. I am not telling him though. If I show any emotion he will grasp onto that and feel the same way. This camp is such an awesome oppurtunity for him. Tiger Woods will be giving the kids at this camp a golf lesson, they will be river rafting,exploring caves, playing baseball with the Cardinals etc... During this entire experience the Camp leaders will be incorperating leadership skills, goal setting, among many other life skills that the kids will need in their lives. Alex was one of 180 kids nominated in all of Missouri to be a part of this camp. The camp leaders then narrowed it down to 80 kids. Now that he is in the camp, he will go every summer for the next five years. He has to keep a 3.5 grade point average and do 15 hours of community service every month. This will be an amazing experience for him. This will prepare him for his mission. See,I am trying to convince myself that I will be fine. I am just trying to gear myself up to saying goodbye to him. I'll be o.k! We are going to miss him so much. The 6 kids have such a close bond between eachother. I am off to watch a movie with the kids. Tricia is making popcorn right now.

No comments: